Friday, May 11

2250

Memories, my thinking, my thoughts were skewed beyond comprehension. My eyesight was a flash of blur lines, the trinity of color television. All that, no movement. I walked for hours, not bumping into anything. The cold wind blew my hair, my eyes, it struck like a million needles. Joy! I do remember something now, the literature of poetry, how do i describe this world.

I woke up in the year 2250. I paid all I had, put down a huge gamble to be frozen. There were others, but I don't know how many. I was frozen in 2007. The earth then was in a cycle of reset. The machine containing me was buried miles underground. It's nuclear powered, I was to be frozen forever. To see the end of time.

Today I managed to see clearly, after almost a week. Then I cried, for days, the tears frozen at night, dry in the morning, then there were no more tears. I stared at the sky, the stars floating there, millions and billions of them. Gravity is almost poetry.

They have left, the humans. They have left earth. Humanity had made the leap, they have reached the stars.

There's no one around. They left me. Us.

5 comments:

Pauline said...

"Wow!" This will be a re-read for me, great.

Jeevan said...

Good imagination!

Princess said...

cool imagination...
I luv futuristic stories...

Kavi said...

Period.

Andrew The Asshole said...

Its almost a great opening for a full book or movie

when

it rains around the world sleep welcomes the dream, and  enigmatic souls awaken along the eternal shores of destiny