Thursday, December 14

Fat Donuts and Blogger Beta's wet dream

Okay, we have an issue here. If there is one Dunkin Donut, McD, Burger King, Pizza...etc in every single gas station out there, how the heck am I gonna loose weight! ARghhhhhhhhhhhh...just look at those babies. Man those blueberry stuffing was good! and the Boston Choc...oh....damn!

Do you have an issue with Blogger Beta? I bloody damn hate it (for now). It's just crazy, why bring in all those innovation (tagging, etc) when you cant work on the simplest thing of all, the login id. I cant even comment properly on beta blogs. Unless you let us use the classic sign in to comment on beta site, and give us levy on using the classic software for (ever) we are going to jump to WordPress! They have all the widgets necessary and we don't have to wait for a billion hours till Blogger get out of its beta wet dreams. I don't understand why people want to change something that is already good. Why cant they just add the blogroll widget and the tag widget to the existing coding? Why must you change the whole damn structure and whore out the Google Accounts, to make it compulsory and all? Don't you think that if we have a single sign in for all the Google tools and then some security thing happens and we loose all the password, what will happen next? Tell us Google. For ages we are trying to get out of domination, but now somehow we feel suppressed. Whatever happen to the free world that Google is promising? DON'T KILL BLOGGER CLASSIC!

Okay, whose with me?

[+] [Updated] Disclaimer: I understand the work that must have gone into making the blogger beta, but if it causes problem to even 10% of the blog users, and especially to power users, then what can we do? I have no grudge against Google, they're the best thing on the net now. I'm just voicing my anger over these weeks of frustratingly trying to work things out. They don't even support group blogs. Now, are you satisfied Nayan?
[+] The deadline for the short story contest is now one the DEC 30th just to give time for everyone to send in. I have so far 6 stories with me and with the judges. And yes, if the winners cant figure out what book they want, they'll all be getting Bill Bryson's " A Short History of Nearly Everything", including the special Jury Award Winner.

9 comments:

Nahuatl said...

I still use blogger classic. Won't go for beta in web applications until they are atleast a year old.. well, they are no more beta then :)

Nahuatl said...

Hey GP... don't curse ppl when you don't know what it takes to create such beautiful and complicated application. I know it. And if I was in their place.. I would have broken your ass for this insult and indifference towards efforts put into creating the Beta.
Ultimately everything evolves. So will beta version taking down the classic. And I am sure ppl will like it. I trust Google.

Keshi said...

**Do you have an issue with Blogger Beta? I bloody damn hate it (for now).

LOL mutual feelings mate..read my latest post. BETA sucks ass!

Keshi.

Anonymous said...

blogger beta isn't that bad bro! I liked it...
yep there are problem with login! I dont think group blog has been removed from blogger beta....just that it needs everyone to be upgraded to beta blogger!

Anonymous said...

hey GP. I had some problems with my network so could not visit a lot of blogs.
My experience:
Beta is nice. Its also going to get out of beta.
But i do agree on the domination and all that... I have sneaky suspicion of another monopoly coming up. I am not sure if our concerns are valid. We can always opt out. Like switch to some other blogging site.
I think u still have the option to keep the blog old although u have to have a google account.
Anyways, its their product, but our choice. Choose mayt.

Kavi said...

Thanks for extending the deadline...

Jeevan said...

I too face the problem in commenting on Beta blogs! Some beta takes blogger ID, but some are working in gmail account. I stand with u nanba:)

co^th said...

Hey! REg. the story contest, can I post it on my story blog or do I have to wait until your process is thro'? Lemme know :)

Ghost Particle said...

[nayan] will follow as u said bro..they need more testing. And yes, I wont curse it ppl anymore. sigh.

[keshi] thanx matey.

[nirek] that would be a long waiting process. tahnx bro for the info.

[sojourner] we will have to wait n see my friend. This thing is really buggin me. I cant comment on many posts and blogs. :( thanx bro.

[kavi] no problem sar. thanx.

[jeevan] thanx nanba. We will fight this til the end..or till they get out of beta,.

[co^th] you can definitly post at ur site. Anytime you want, bt please make sure you send an entry to me also.

when

it rains around the world sleep welcomes the dream, and  enigmatic souls awaken along the eternal shores of destiny