Monday, March 14

October Sky

Serenity.
Millennia ago
I had this rocket dream
As the skies enchanted me
I wanted to reach stars, constelations

Tranquility.
Decades ago
I made the dream come true
On a Red October night
Sputnik blazed space, the heavens

Harmony.
Yesterday
A thousand Blue men labored
As the world in silence gazing
Apollo leaped to the sky, and moon

Sky.
Today
I still have the rocket dream
Passion and science
Our future in space, ad infinitum

Infinity.
Tomorrow
I will live on
Together with my dreamers
We touched other suns, lightspeed souls


-Gp 2005- 13/03/2005-


*October Sky is a message to the future. And also, a tribute to the rocket dream.

*October Sky is also the title of a movie made to chronicle the life of Homer Hickam Jr, who on the day of the launch of Sputnik-1, also on an October in 1957, ispired to build his own rocket. Its a truly inspiring movie about him, his friends and the whole town. He went on to become an engineer in NASA and trained Shuttle Astronauts, despite being raised in a coal mine township.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eternity.
Forever
I shall dream onw
with all my followers
to capture the best and see the rest
the infinite space....

E T E R N I T Y
http://honeyvini.rediffblogs.com

when

it rains around the world sleep welcomes the dream, and  enigmatic souls awaken along the eternal shores of destiny